Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thomas' Cooking Adventures

Over the years, Thomas has started to cook and bake a little more. Actually, he has started baking a ton more. The difference between him and I, is I will follow the recipe to the T and if it doesn't turn out, I go in search for a better one. For instance, I am still looking for a quinoa salad (similar to a pasta salad) that I like. Just not there yet. But I digress.

Thomas on the other hand takes one recipe he loves and changes it. He found a bread recipe that he loves. To date, he has changed out the liquid for beer, added bacon, changed the flour ratios by adding wheat flour, almond flour, and oat flour. I do admit he is adventurous. My hesitation is the fact that he will often waste bread that had he followed the recipe, would have been perfectly good.

But I love his desire to explore. So I keep my mouth shut. With the exception of this post. :) Oh well.

So here are a few things he has made.

Tortillas from scratch.
3cups of flour
1tsp salt
1/3 cup oil
1 cup warm water

Mix it all together and cook it on the griddle until they are browned. They were good, but a little thick. I am excited to run it through our pasta maker that we are hopefully getting soon!! A late birthday present for me!


And duck. He decided he wanted to make duck. So he did! We had some co-workers over and we ate a little bit of duck.

And with the leftovers, we made stir fry. And it was also delicious!

And if you need a good fish recipe, Thomas made an amazing lemon caper white fish recipe. And then we ate it too quickly to get a picture. But the recipe is here!