Friday, December 12, 2014

My Newest Love - Essential Oils

It was exactly 1 year ago that I started this little oiley journey as some people call it.

My Story
I was watching a sweet friend continue to post on facebook about this classes. I passed up the first 3 intro classes, but in the midst of infertility, I could not pass up the "Essential Oils with Pregnancy, Fertility, and Babies" class.

And that was a year ago. And here I am.

Thomas and I's conversation since then….
M: "Did you ever think I would turn into a hippy like this?"
The kindest thing he ever said to me…
T: "You're not a hippy, your just healthy. Big difference."

Clearly I am hooked. I should show you a picture of my medicine cabinet now. It has been taken over.

A Few Facts
So here is the gist of these oils. I use them for everything. 

PS…These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Information provided here is in no way intended to replace proper medical help. Consult with the healthcare authorities of your choice.

  • Anyone can use them!
  • An essential oil is an aromatic liquid extracted from different parts of the plant.
  • I use Young Living because of their Seed to Seal process. They have complete control of every step. Seed, Cultivate, Distill, Test, and Seal.  visit www.seedtoseal.com for more info!
  • 3 ways to apply - directly inhale them, topically apply them, and/or ingest them. (Please note not all essential oils are created equal and are safe to ingest. I can only attest to Young Living.)
Here are some of my favorite oils!

Lavender: I love to use it for burns, bug bites and blisters too! A friend of mine burned her arm on the oven. I brought over some lavender and just 2 applications over an hour took the redness almost completely away leaving only the actual burn line! And of course we use it as a sleep and calming aid. Just recently I started using it for allergies too. Takes the itch right out of the back of my throat.

Frankincense: We love to use it for all things skin! Whether it is for blemishes, warts, or skin tags. A sweet friend of mine started using it on her face and before she knew it she noticed completely lifted her mood daily at the same time! I used it just the other day when I had a blemish from getting my eyebrows waxed. It felt like it was going to be a HUGE one and after 2 applications it was gone!

 Melaleuca is awesome for skin and nail infections! I have a friend who lost her toenail. It would not grow back and when she started putting melaleuca on it every night, it began to grow back perfectly straight and smooth.

Lemon: My favorite lemon use is when I combined it with some oregano in a capsule and my cough disappeared over night. This winter I have been combining lemon with thieves and oregano in a capsule at the first sign of a sore throat and I have yet to get sick! I have also made a delightful hummus recipe too! Yay for cooking with Young Living Essential Oils!

 Peppermint is one of my favorites! I use this with the purification blend as bug spray, or with the blend Valor and the blend PanAway for headaches! A few drops to the back of my neck and I am thinking clearly and not hurting any more. And then there are the hiccups. 1 drop to the back of your neck and they are no more! Amazing! And now that I am pregnant, I am getting a little morning sickness that usually comes with a headache. A little peppermint in my temples and the nausea and the headache disappear.

Purification: Is it possible to love all the oils? Because I do! This is definitely our main bug spray blend along with peppermint! And if we forget the spray, it takes the itch away too! I also use it at any sign of a blemish too. And it takes the stink out of places. You can put a drop in your trashcan and it will take away the smell!

 Thieves is definitely personally responsible for keeping our family from missing work last year! That is how my husband was able to stay healthy. We diffuse it daily and before I go to the dentist I add it to my gums. The clove in it numbs my gums perfectly! And this year at the hint of a sore throat, I drop 1 spicy drop in my mouth to kill any of those little sick germs (if I don't have my lemon and oregano with me)! So far this year I have avoided any further sign of any sickness!

 StressAway is an oil that is amazing for your mental health. I have used this oil often throughout our IVF process and it calms me down and grounds me immediately. I apply one drop to my upper lip so I continually smell it, but you can just open the bottle and smell it too.  

 Joy is the oil that truly brings joy! I used it for the first time during the stress of our first round of InVitro and it helped me get through the reality how much the whole process entailed. So thankful for the added “joy” it brought during that time when it could have been anything but joyful!

PanAway is incredible and it makes my muscles feel wonderful after a work out! I have also stopped a bruise in its tracks! I bruised my finger on a car door and after putting PanAway on every 30 minutes for 2 hours, the bruise disappeared and never came back. And then there are cramps. A few drops on the abdomen and life is back to normal.

And then:
There are 2 different ways to order with Young Living. You can be a retail customer or a wholesale member. With a wholesale account, you receive 24% discount and the opportunity for other incentives. The choice is yours!
 These are 3 of the options for starter kits to become a wholesale member. Think of it like joining “Sam’s Club” or “Costco”. You purchase the membership and then have access to wholesale prices for 12 months. No monthly minimum purchase. To keep your account active, just purchase $50pv in a 12 month period. The best part about purchasing these memberships is that they come with goodies!


And since we all like free stuff, when you become a wholesale member with Young Living, you also have to opportunity to join their loyalty reward program. Think of it like “Kohl’s Cash” or “CVS bucks”.  The Essential Rewards program ensures that you always have your favorite Young Living products on hand with the convenience of Essential Rewards, where products are shipped hassle free from their door to yours!
Here is my link!
Just follow this link and ask me if you have questions! My info is already filled out and you want to make sure you leave the distributor box checked. You don't ever have to distribute anything, it is just the box you want to check for the $150 kit.


Finally!
These have really been life changing for us. We have used them as so many different ways for every day uses. I would love to tell you more about them! Please ask! 

And if you are in the Yucaipa area in Southern California over Christmas time, I am having a class at 6:30 on Friday Dec 26, 2014! 
We also do lots of simple online classes. I love educating people about these oils too!