Monday, March 17, 2014

Commencement Bay Boat Ride

Thomas and I found a groupon for a boat ride around Commencement Bay and couldn't pass up the ready made date. We decided to head to Shake Shake Shake, our new favorite burger place first so the rest of the time we could just enjoy the ride. That and I had not actually realized that we could BBQ on the boat. Oh well, less for us to carry. 
Cutest little place!
My favorite regular and sweet potato fries ever!
I have heard they have amazing milkshakes. I have yet to try them though.
So after dinner we headed down to the dock and jumped on board this little guy.
A bit of a bummer that you can't see Rainer to the left of the picture. Good ol' cloudy WA.
Love seeing Tacoma from a different point of view!
The "other" side of the mill.
Stadium High School.
I might have a small obsession with tug boats. Every time I see them out on the water it makes me smile.
Tacoma's own 2 ships.
The hill I drive every single day... And in the left corner you can see this hill Thomas runs 3 times a week! Crazy man!
The line of cars waiting for the ferry to Vashon Island.
The Narrows Bridge from Gig Harbor's view. Fun in spite of the yucky day.
Gig Harbor's little light house with Point Defiance in the background.
Gig Harbor humor.
 The cruise lasted for a few hours giving way to dusk and early evening. Created for some beautiful reflection pictures of downtown Tacoma.
Sweet little downtown Tacoma.
This guys is a fantastic date.
If you want an excuse to see Tacoma in a different light, this was a fantastic way. 
Seawillow Adventures was a fun, homey way and the owner often puts deals on Living Social or Groupon.

And of course I had fun taking tons of pictures. Because I always do.