Friday, August 23, 2013

Infertility - What's Next?



In the first post about infertility that I wrote, I left you with a few things. First off, we needed to do more testing to see if I have the cystic fibrosis gene. Second we were running test on both Thomas and I to see what was going on with our bodies that is stopping us from bringing a little one into this world. However through all of it, we have had incredible hope.


So here are the updates:
  • We found out through testing that I do NOT have any of the 97 different types of the cystic fibrosis gene. Thank you Jesus! One less thing we have to work through.
  • There was a surgery that was done. Success. Healing. Everyone survived, we are doing well!
  • After the surgery we were told that there was no reason we couldn’t have biological children, but that most likely it would always have to be done through In Vitro. Oh. Sad. But Yay! We can have biological children!
Next up: Basically we need to wait a few months for healing and for our bodies to regenerate life and go back to normal. So it will still be a little while, but there is a very bright spot at the end of the tunnel!

Prayers: My prayers are that our bodies would do a complete healing and that we would be able to get pregnant naturally. God is a God of miracles. He is completely capable and in control. So we welcome your prayers for healing, for life, and for the continued peace He has given us through this entire process.

And again, thank you for all of your stories that you have shared with me. I literately could write a book with all the different stories you all have shared (I would never do that of course), but it is truly incredible. I have been so blessed to be able to listen as you have each shared about your own struggles or of people you know. Thank you. You are a blessing to me.