Monday, July 14, 2014

A Little Bit of Texas, A Little Bit of New Orleans

Y'all, I thought I had caught up on all my old posts that I wanted to post. Clearly not.
And in honor of my sisters visiting my mom in TX and them driving to New Orleans this last week, here is my adventure last year.
Last year Thomas had a boys weekend so I headed on down to Texas to visit my mom.
So I looked up all the fun and quirky things about Houston and New Orleans and this is what we found.
Houston
The house made of tin cans
  
Waterfall in the City
 
 
Tree lined streets of Baylor
Project Row Houses
 
Crazy metal sculptures on the side of the freeway
 
 Vidor
This is what my mom sees out her windows
New Orleans: Downtown
I got to sleep up the stairs in the loft
 
 
 
 
 
Best beignets ever
 
St Louis Cathedral
t
 
  
New Orleans: The Garden District
The last thing we did before we drove back was to walk the Garden District where we stayed.
  
 
 
 This is a different angle from the same house above. I love it.
Always have to find a little buddy for Thomas, even if he wasn't there.
  I am not a huge celebrity person, but I did find Sandra Bullock's house. I don't know why, but I love so many actresses that are in their 40's. Sandra Bullock, Julie Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Meg Ryan Jennifer Gardner etc. I would love to be their best friends.
The famous Lafayette Cemetery
 
It was an awesome trip. Loved how much we walked and how much we saw. And lets not even get into the food. Definitely a trip for the memory books indeed.
 Thanks Mom!