Thursday, March 13, 2014

West Tiger Mountain Trail 2 Hike - Seattle, WA

 I know it has been a while since I have posted, but mainly it was because we did a whole lot of nothing exciting in January. And then in February we were crazy busy! So I didn't have time to post! But here I am just a few weeks late. 2 weeks ago Thomas headed to Vegas for one of his best friend's bachelor party weekend. Meanwhile I decided to visit my sister up in the University District of Seattle. And we decided to go on a hike.

After looking at a few we decided to hike the Tiger Mountain Trail. We had both heard good things and we even looked up the info!
We were out the door and at the trail head at 9 am, which was awesome!

We took off and came to a fork in the road. A not very well marked fork in the road. And we took the road less traveled. The wrong road. 

 

We took West Tiger Mountain 3 instead of the Main Tiger Mountain. And we hiked and hiked and had a wonderful time. At one point we had a dog with us for about a mile. Eventually we met back up with the owner and handed him off. We met back up with her later and she kindly shared her map and distance with us. I don't know why I thought it was a loop. It was not and so at that point we ate a snack and headed back the way we came. 

After we took a few pictures.
Sisters!!!
My view the entire hike.
Loved spending time with Stevi and starting my training. But that explanation is for a whole other post. Crazy times up ahead for the Kucera household!