Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How does your Garden Grow?

With silver bells, and cockle shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.
Right?

Or with sunshine and water. Well, as much sunshine as the Pacific Northwest will give us anyways. Because water is clearly in abundance, especially after the past few days.

Each year, our yard has started to look a little better.
You can see what it looked like last year in this post here
Our very own rosemary bush.
I have absolutely loved rosemary in food the past year. After a friend gave me a few branches and I discovered how delicious fresh/frozen rosemary was, I decided to buy a bush. Apparently they are hard to kill and take over! Hence being planted in a pot.


I took pics to post about when we first planted, and then life happened. So now you get to see the before and after being grown for some time pics. This corner is Thomas' wild plant/flower area.


We decided to move our pots and multiply our gardening area.
We bought an apple tree that has 4 different types of apples on it! Can't wait for harvest next year!

I stole the brick planter idea from pinterest of course. I mean really, do I do anything original?

A few views of the back of our house.

My indoor herbs. I have oregano, green onions, and basil.

I also tried to re-grow my own lettuce. It worked! Although, this is as big as it got. :)
I made all of my plant labels with the seed packets laminated.
And my three favorite plants that we added this year. Raspberry plants (thank you Sundin's and Johnson's), a kiwi plant, and I also got a rhubarb plant! In front of my raspberries I also planted lemon mint and spearmint. 

So excited to see what all we get. So far we have harvested lots of spinach, strawberries, rosemary, lettuce, and beans! Can't wait for the zucchini and the broccoli!

And these are all plants that grow in the Pacific Northwest with very little other then consistent watering! Because that is all we do.